Garneau won the prestigious Eurobike award for the X-Comfort Zone technology featured in this shoe. This patented and innovative design allows the shoe to stretch to accommodate B to D+ foot widths thanks to a ventilated elastomer-spandex insert. The X-Comfort Zone creates a dynamic, non-constrictive fit for the foot’s natural toe splay, which improves power, reduces injuries, and creates unsurpassed comfort. The Granite inherits many recent technologies until now offered on our top of the line models. The offset opening of the shoe helps reduce pressure on top of the foot while the Powerzone system keeps your foot firmly in place to prevent it from moving when you are pulling on the pedals. Furthermore, the X-Comfort Zone technology offers the flexibility needed at the forefoot so that even the largest feet don’t feel cramped.
- Shoe Technology: X-Comfort Zone - Ventilated expandable zone to accommodate a variety of feet widths and prevent numbness
- STANDARD FIT: Roomier fit offers more comfort for all-day riding
- Shoes Weight: 11.9 oz/337 g (size 42)
- Upper: Seamless PU leather and mesh provide comfort and breathability
- Outsole: Ergo Grip 2 nylon/fiberglass that provides excellent traction and efficient mud clearing
- Insole: EVA single density: Enhances comfort
- Heel Retention: HRS-90 reinforced with 0.4 mm membrane: Maintains heel positioning and reduces loss of power
- Bumpers: Replaceable heel pad (ref. # 1487229)
- Closure System: Boa® IP1-S two-way micro-adjustment for easy replacement with hook and loop strap
- Cleats: Steel inserts fit all SPD pedals, Cleats aren't included with the shoes
See the attached images and note below.
The Garneau Standard fit is C. If your foot is larger than standard (D fit and over), we recommend choosing a half-size larger than the size suggested on the chart.
If you are purchasing shoes to wear mainly in fall/winter with thicker socks, we recommend measuring your feet with the socks you'll be wearing with the shoes.